Hello. I'm a UX designer based in Montreal, and I'm willing to go anywhere if I get to do what I love. I'm a former developer who transitioned towards User Experience/Interaction Design, a passion I've been dedicating my time for the past three years, training my mind to think differently; see the bigger picture, avoid the obvious, dig deeper, practice empathy and understand why the world really turns the way it does. I love solving problems and overcoming challenges, and all I want is to get to do this every day.
Freelance Work Experience
Studio Pyxis inc., UX & UI Designer, Front-End Developer (July 2019- )
AngularJS, HTML, CSS
- Streamline features based on the client's needs and requirements, and design the UI based on the client's brand.
- Align the design process within an agile development environment.
- Develop the UI interactions using Angular.
Opal-RT Technologies inc., UX Design Coach, UI Design (May 2018- )
- Train the UX design team lead on UX concepts and processes.
- Help implement processes, work flows and communication techniques within the company involving different key players.
- Brainstorm sketches on features of their application.
- Review feature designs developed by the team and UI designs implemented.
Netlift, UX Design - Taxi Driver flow (2017)
Mobile (Android, iOS)
- Consolidation of pre-acquired business requirements and user critical tasks.
- Design the taxi driver's flow from a moment they receive a ride offer to the moment they drop off the rider.
Studyo, UX Design - Onboarding flow (2017)
Mobile, Tablet, Desktop (Android, iOS, Web)
- In-office consulting for brainstorming/design thinking, and consolidation of findings into wireframes.
- Design the new user's onboarding flow depending on the different joining contexts while minimizing the amounts of different screens required.
UX Designer, Cirak Studios (October 2017- )
- 2019-now: Lendpro, UX design & UI design
- 2018-now: Herbalife, UX design & UI design
- 2019: 7-Eleven, UX design & prototyping
- 2019: Marcia Lee Gillis, Wordpress website development (pending launch)
- 2018: One Dome, Wordpress website development (http://onedome.global)
- 2018: One Dome, competitive analysis
- 2018: Cirak Studios, company rebranding
- 2018: Eminence, UX design
- 2018: Collected App, prototype user testing
- 2018: Joox Music App, UX design
- 2017: Joox Music Artist & Festival Dashboards, UX design
Quality Lead, Front-End Development, nventive (2017)
- Ensure quality of code, and encourage usage of proper patterns to maximize code reuse and optimize development.
- Create documents and review processes in regards to development standards and guidelines for mobile front-end development.
- Ensure quality of UI integration.
- Review UX design.
- Create multiplatform controls based on gestures and material design guidelines.
Front-End Developer, nventive (2014-2017)
- Integrate UI according to visuals and wireframes.
- Ensure performance of app on Windows Universal App, Android and iOS platforms.
- Review UX design and challenge designers when necessary.
Oracle APEX Developer, Insum Solutions (2013-2014)
- Develop features, including SQL functions and complex queries, using Oracle Application Express and PL/PDF.
- Design database architectures according to business requirements.
- Integrate web responsive UI.
- Raise awareness of the need of UX design in the development cycle to ensure the usability of web applications developed.
User Experience III, UCLA Extension (2017)
Design Thinking I, UCLA Extension (2016)
Web Design I, UCLA Extension (2015)
User Experience II, UCLA Extension (2014)
User Experience I, UCLA Extension (2014)
Bachelor of Engineering, École de technologie supérieure (Information Technology) (2013)
Competition Director, Quebec Engineering Competition (Re-engineering) (2013-2014)
President, Association étudiante de l'ÉTS (2012-2013) (Student union)
- ISSA Personal Trainer Certification (In progress)
- TruFusion Barefoot Bootcamp Teacher Training (March 2019)
- LunaYoga Teacher Training (250 hours) (May 2018-February 2019)
- Talsom's Design Thinking Jam for Tel-Jeunes (September 2019)
- Talsom's Design Thinking Jam for L'itinitéraire (September 2018)
Ballet, Baking, Scrapbooking, Surfing, Writing, Yoga
Canada (Vancouver, Ontario), Cuba, Dominican Republic, England, France, Greece, Italy, Spain, Thailand, United States (Alaska, California, Florida, Hawaii, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Utah, Washington), Vietnam